A real treat. A Sunday kind of treat for Our Little Family, made by Mr H. Small, fluffy, thick and delicious.
Non stick pan (small as possible)
Whisk & Mixing Bowl
Ingredients (8 pancakes of the above size)
1 large cup of self raising flour
1 large free range egg
1 cup of milk (we use full fat)
1 pinch of sea salt
A knob of butter (if your pan isn’t particularly non stick)
Filling to suit (pictured above are American Style with streaky bacon & maple syrup)
- Pop the flour, egg, milk and salt into a mixing bowl and whisk until the batter is smooth & silky
- Pop the mixture into the fridge for an hour to rest (Mr H’s secret)
- Prepare the chosen filling
- Pop the hob on to a medium heat and prepare to ladle the mixture into a hot pan (use butter if necessary)
- Using 3/4 of a ladle of mixture per pancake be sure to swirl the mixture around the pan
- Cook on either side until golden brown (Mr H opts for a maximum of 2 mins each side)
- Pop them on to a warm plate in a small oven so as not to lose the temperature
- To create the perfect texture place a pancake on a plate, add 2/3 pieces of streaky bacon and
drizzlesmother in maple syrup
- Devour and repeat
And there you have it, Mr H’s Pancakes.
How do you eat yours?