Finally I plucked up the courage to add
a little a lot of pink to my hair. Just for the weekend! A little flirty colour to mix things up a little before returning to little old me. That’s the magic of chalk, it washes right out! For me, my hair is just as much a part of my outfit as my clothes.
That’s what is great about chalk and toners. If you are feeling a little bored, a little restless but don’t fancy changing the colour permanently, this is a great option. I often have moments when I feel like being a little adventurous, chalk allows you to have some fun by changing the tone temporarily! Chalk and hair toners aren’t new news however since posting pictures on my Instagram feed when I used the pink color bug, I have been asked how I changed the colour so I thought I would share my secrets!
Whether you are going for a full-blown pink makeover or a hint of blue, or even just a whisper of colour, chalk can transform your look within minutes. I thought I would share with you my tips for colouring hair with chalk. A little something for the weekend. Do let me know if you try it.
Here are my top tips…
- Beware of the space around you as the chalk powder does attach itself to the carpet!
- The chalk will sit well on both freshly washed and dirty hair
- If the chalk isn’t sticking then add a spray or a styling product, this will add to the intensity of the colour
- When you add just a teeny tiny bit of these colors, they fade out very quickly when you wash your hair so do add layers for the brighter tones
- If you are hoping to just kiss the hair with colour then brush it out as you apply
- It will rub off on to your clothes so do bear that in mind when choosing your outfit
- Don’t over use, chalk does leave your hair feeling dry therefore using a good conditioning treatment once removed is important
Have you ever used chalk in your hair? They’re so much fun. Perfect for if you have a little one too as they can join in! Do share your secrets or what colours you have used. I fancy a lavender or peach next time.
Now it is your turn. Let’s see your style.
Street Style Sunday is a weekly link up session. Aimed at promoting your style pictures and posts. They can be man, woman, and/or mini style related posts. Please do remember to pop by and comment on others linked up as that’s how these link ups work best.
Anyone can link up a post. How about sharing your outfit with us on Instagram? All you have to do is tag one of the hosts (@StyleMeSunday @LauraSideStreet or me @lifeasourlittlefamily) and use the hashtag #streetstylesunday.
To link up a blog post grab the Street Style Sunday badge from my sidebar and click ‘add link’ on the blue button below and voila. If you tweet me your link @kahargreaves I will retweet your post …
I look forward to seeing your style posts.